]> git.openfabrics.org - ~shefty/rdma-dev.git/log
~shefty/rdma-dev.git
10 years agoASoC: MAINTAINERS: Add maintainer for TI LM49453 Audio codec driver
M R Swami Reddy [Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:32:31 +0000 (20:02 +0530)]
ASoC: MAINTAINERS: Add maintainer for TI LM49453 Audio codec driver

I will be supporting the TI LM49453 audio driver and also a few new TI codec
drivers, that are currently in development and will be upstreamed shortly.

Signed-off-by: M R Swami Reddy <mr.swami.reddy@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: max98095: Fix build failure
Mark Brown [Mon, 2 Apr 2012 13:53:13 +0000 (14:53 +0100)]
ASoC: max98095: Fix build failure

sound/soc/codecs/max98095.c: In function 'max98095_jack_detect_enable':
sound/soc/codecs/max98095.c:2229:14: error: 'struct max98095_priv' has no member named 'jack_detect_delay'
sound/soc/codecs/max98095.c:2230:18: error: 'struct max98095_priv' has no member named 'jack_detect_delay'

Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: Support TI LM49453 Audio driver
M R Swami Reddy [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:33:43 +0000 (16:03 +0530)]
ASoC: Support TI LM49453 Audio driver

Signed-off-by: M R Swami Reddy <mr.swami.reddy@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: remove open-coded clk reference counting
Stephen Warren [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:07:16 +0000 (17:07 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: remove open-coded clk reference counting

clk_enable/disable() already reference count the enable calls, so there's
no need for the callers to do the same.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: sort Makefile into common and per-SoC files
Stephen Warren [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:07:24 +0000 (17:07 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: sort Makefile into common and per-SoC files

The DAS, I2S, and SPDIF drivers are Tegra20-specific. Group these
together so that when Tegra30-specific equivalents are added later, the
file ordering makes sense.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: introduce separate Kconfig variable for DAS driver
Stephen Warren [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:07:22 +0000 (17:07 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: introduce separate Kconfig variable for DAS driver

This is mainly for symmetry with a future Tegra30 driver, where the
equivalent of the DAS (the AHUB) is useful separately from the I2S driver.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: fix some checkpatch warnings
Stephen Warren [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:07:21 +0000 (17:07 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: fix some checkpatch warnings

ERROR: trailing whitespace
ERROR: code indent should use tabs where possible
WARNING: please, no spaces at the start of a line
ERROR: "foo * bar" should be "foo *bar"

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: fix Kconfig SND_SOC_TEGRA_ALC5632 indentation
Stephen Warren [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:07:20 +0000 (17:07 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: fix Kconfig SND_SOC_TEGRA_ALC5632 indentation

Indent with TABs to be consistent with the rest of the file.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: remove unnecessary includes
Stephen Warren [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:07:18 +0000 (17:07 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: remove unnecessary includes

These include aren't needed, and some of the files are about to be
renamed.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8994: Don't bother lowering clock dividers inside idle AIFs
Mark Brown [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:21:45 +0000 (11:21 +0100)]
ASoC: wm8994: Don't bother lowering clock dividers inside idle AIFs

This increases the chances we'll manage to hit a partially configured
state on restart and the power savings are extremely small.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: add audio routing for imx-sgtl5000
Shawn Guo [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:13:03 +0000 (00:13 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: add audio routing for imx-sgtl5000

Add DAPM widgets and audio routing support for imx-sgtl5000 machine
driver.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: da7210: Add support for spi regmap
Ashish Chavan [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:36:29 +0000 (19:06 +0530)]
ASoC: da7210: Add support for spi regmap

This patch adds support for spi regmap feature to existing da7210
driver.

Signed-off-by: Ashish Chavan <ashish.chavan@kpitcummins.com>
Signed-off-by: David Dajun Chen <dchen@diasemi.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: Remove SND_SOC_DAPM_MICBIAS_E()
Mark Brown [Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:52:24 +0000 (20:52 +0100)]
ASoC: dapm: Remove SND_SOC_DAPM_MICBIAS_E()

There are no users any more and new drivers should be using supply widgets
which fully replace it anyway.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Zeng Zhaoming <zengzm.kernel@gmail.com>
10 years agoASoC: sgtl5000: Convert mic bias to a supply widget
Mark Brown [Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:51:43 +0000 (20:51 +0100)]
ASoC: sgtl5000: Convert mic bias to a supply widget

No current users and it's the last user of MICBIAS_E().

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Dong Aisheng <dong.aisheng@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Zeng Zhaoming <zengzm.kernel@gmail.com>
Tested-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
10 years agoASoC: wm8994: Don't allow reconfiguration of FLL when it provides SYSCLK
Mark Brown [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:49:27 +0000 (14:49 +0100)]
ASoC: wm8994: Don't allow reconfiguration of FLL when it provides SYSCLK

Rather than trying to work around machine drivers which try to reprogram
the FLL while it is providing SYSCLK just return an error if they try.
This will avoid audio glitches during FLL reconfiguration, or at least
move the introduction of the glitches to the machine driver.

Since disabling the source for an active SYSCLK is not supported in the
first place systems shouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: enable ssi clock in probe function
Shawn Guo [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 02:53:41 +0000 (10:53 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: enable ssi clock in probe function

For power saving, most IMX platform initilization code turns off
modules' clock, and expects driver turn on clock as needed.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: ep93xx-i2s: use devm_* helpers to cleanup probe
H Hartley Sweeten [Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:00:17 +0000 (16:00 -0700)]
ASoC: ep93xx-i2s: use devm_* helpers to cleanup probe

Use the devm_* helpers to cleanup the probe routine. This also eliminates
having to carry the mem value in the private data for the remove.

Signed-off-by: H Hartley Sweeten <hsweeten@visionengravers.com>
Tested-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@iki.fi>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: ep93xx-ac97: use devm_* helpers to cleanup probe
H Hartley Sweeten [Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:00:08 +0000 (16:00 -0700)]
ASoC: ep93xx-ac97: use devm_* helpers to cleanup probe

Use the devm_* helpers to cleanup the probe routine. This also eliminates
having to carry the mem and irq values in the private data for the remove.

Signed-off-by: H Hartley Sweeten <hsweeten@visionengravers.com>
Tested-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@iki.fi>
Acked-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@iki.fi>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: assign dma peripheral type according to bus topology
Shawn Guo [Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:34:56 +0000 (15:34 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: assign dma peripheral type according to bus topology

The dma peripheral_type for SSI should be IMX_DMATYPE_SSI_SP if the SSI
is on SPBA bus.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoARM: tegra: remove tegra_pcm_device
Stephen Warren [Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:55:50 +0000 (14:55 -0600)]
ARM: tegra: remove tegra_pcm_device

tegra_pcm_device is no longer needed now that the Tegra ASoC code has
cleaned up its 'platform' registration. Remove it.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@wwwdotorg.org>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: register 'platform' from DAIs, get rid of pdev
Stephen Warren [Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:55:49 +0000 (14:55 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: register 'platform' from DAIs, get rid of pdev

Previously, the ASoC 'platform' (PCM/DMA) object was instantiated via a
platform_device. This didn't represent the hardware well, since there
was no separate hardware associated with this platform_device; it was a
virtual device with sole purpose to call snd_soc_register_platform().
This mechanism required all board files to register this device, and all
ASoC machine drivers to create and register this device when booting
using device tree.

This change removes the platform_device completely. Each Tegra DAI now
registers the ASoC 'platform' itself. Machine drivers are adjusted for
the new 'platform' name.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@wwwdotorg.org>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: tegra: fix comment indentation in ALC5632 machine
Stephen Warren [Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:55:48 +0000 (14:55 -0600)]
ASoC: tegra: fix comment indentation in ALC5632 machine

Fix comment indentation to clear checkpatch errors in a later patch.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@wwwdotorg.org>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: Add LAPIS Semiconductor ML26124 driver
Tomoya MORINAGA [Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:59:28 +0000 (20:59 +0900)]
ASoC: Add LAPIS Semiconductor ML26124 driver

ML26124-01HB/ML26124-02GD is 16bit monaural audio CODEC which has high
resistance to voltage noise. On chip regulator realizes power supply rejection
ratio be over 90dB so more than 50dB is improved than ever. ML26124-01HB/
ML26124-02GD can deliver stable audio performance without being affected by noise
from the power supply circuit and peripheral components. The chip also includes
a composite video signal output, which can be applied to various portable device
 requirements. The ML26124 is realized these functions into very small package
the size is only 2.56mm x 2.46mm therefore can be construct high quality sound
system easily.
ML26124-01HB is 25pin WCSP package; ML26124-02GD is 32pin WQFN package.

Signed-off-by: Tomoya MORINAGA <tomoya.rohm@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: cs4270: Check that we can enable regulators on resume
Mark Brown [Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:15:43 +0000 (16:15 +0000)]
ASoC: cs4270: Check that we can enable regulators on resume

It's possible that the regulator enable will fail and if it does we may
as well just give up with trying to bring the rest of the device up and
report the original error.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: Remove bodges for no-widget CODECs
Mark Brown [Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:06:09 +0000 (15:06 +0000)]
ASoC: dapm: Remove bodges for no-widget CODECs

Now that we're creating widgets for all DAIs there should be no more
need for the bodges we've been carrying for non-DAPM CODEC drivers so
remove them.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: add imx-sgtl5000 machine driver
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:44 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: add imx-sgtl5000 machine driver

This is the initial imx-sgtl5000 machine driver support with only
playback dai link implemented.  More features can be added on top
of it later.

It's a device tree only machine driver working with fsl_ssi driver.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: let fsl_ssi work with imx pcm and machine drivers
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:43 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: let fsl_ssi work with imx pcm and machine drivers

Makes necessary changes on fsl_ssi to let it work with imx pcm and
machine drivers.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: make fsl_ssi driver compilable on ARM/IMX
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:42 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: make fsl_ssi driver compilable on ARM/IMX

Provide different pair of accessors for accessing SSI registers on
PowerPC and ARM/IMX, so that fsl_ssi driver can be built on both
architectures.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: remove helper fsl_asoc_get_codec_dev_name
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:41 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: remove helper fsl_asoc_get_codec_dev_name

The ASoC core now can support matching codec with device node besides
name, so we can save helper function fsl_asoc_get_codec_dev_name.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: create fsl_utils to accommodate the common functions
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:40 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: create fsl_utils to accommodate the common functions

There is some amount of code duplication between mpc8610_hpcd and
p1022_ds machine drivers, and the same code will be duplicated again
when another new machine driver is added.  The patch creates fsl_utils
to accommodate the common functions to stop the code duplication.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: rename imx-pcm Kconfig options and filename
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:39 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: rename imx-pcm Kconfig options and filename

Rename a couple of imx-pcm Kconfig options and filename to get them
well named and less confusing.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: imx: merge sound/soc/imx into sound/soc/fsl
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:38 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: imx: merge sound/soc/imx into sound/soc/fsl

Freescale PowerPC and ARM/IMX families share the same SSI IP block.
The patch merges sound/soc/imx into sound/soc/fsl, so that the possible
code sharing and consolidation can happen.

This is a plain merge, except that menuconfig SND_POWERPC_SOC is added
in Kconfig for PowerPC platform as a correspondence to SND_IMX_SOC for
IMX platform.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: fsl: separate SSI and DMA Kconfig options
Shawn Guo [Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:56:37 +0000 (16:56 +0800)]
ASoC: fsl: separate SSI and DMA Kconfig options

The fsl_ssi driver will possibly be shared between Freescale PowerPC
and ARM/IMX families, so give it a separate Kconfig option.  Then
fsl_ssi driver can possibly be selected independently from selecting
PowerPC DMA based PCM driver.

Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8962: Add HPF coefficient configuration support
Mark Brown [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 00:29:37 +0000 (00:29 +0000)]
ASoC: wm8962: Add HPF coefficient configuration support

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8962: Add HD Bass and VSS coefficient configuration
Mark Brown [Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:33:26 +0000 (23:33 +0000)]
ASoC: wm8962: Add HD Bass and VSS coefficient configuration

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8962: Add Dynamic Range Control support
Mark Brown [Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:25:05 +0000 (23:25 +0000)]
ASoC: wm8962: Add Dynamic Range Control support

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8962: Add Direct-Form 1 filter support
Mark Brown [Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:24:46 +0000 (23:24 +0000)]
ASoC: wm8962: Add Direct-Form 1 filter support

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8962: Add 3D enhancement support
Mark Brown [Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:21:17 +0000 (23:21 +0000)]
ASoC: wm8962: Add 3D enhancement support

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8962: Implement DSP2 configuration initialisation
Mark Brown [Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:19:47 +0000 (20:19 +0000)]
ASoC: wm8962: Implement DSP2 configuration initialisation

We can simply use the register cache code to synchronise the current
configuration down to the device when bringing up the DSP.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: max98095: add jack detection
Rhyland Klein [Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:07:47 +0000 (15:07 -0700)]
ASoC: max98095: add jack detection

This change adds the logic to support using the jack detect mechanism built
in to the codec to detect both when a jack was inserted and what type of
jack is present.

This change also supports the use of an external mechanism for headphone
detection. If this mechanism exists, when the max98095_jack_detect function
is called, the hp_jack is simply passed NULL.

This change supports both simple headphones, powered headphones, microphones
and headsets with both headphones and a mic.

Signed-off-by: Rhyland Klein <rklein@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: pxa2xx-i2s: Add clk_prepare/clk_unprepare calls
Philipp Zabel [Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:16:12 +0000 (19:16 +0100)]
ASoC: pxa2xx-i2s: Add clk_prepare/clk_unprepare calls

This patch adds clk_prepare/clk_unprepare calls to the pxa2xx-i2s
driver by using the helper functions clk_prepare_enable and
clk_disable_unprepare.

Signed-off-by: Philipp Zabel <philipp.zabel@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: core: Use driver core probe deferral
Mark Brown [Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:18:39 +0000 (21:18 +0000)]
ASoC: core: Use driver core probe deferral

In version 3.4 the driver core acquired probe deferral which is a core way
of doing essentially the same thing as ASoC has been doing since forever
to make sure that all the devices needed to make up the card are present
without needing open coding in the subsystem.

Make basic use of this probe deferral mechanism for the cards, removing the
need to handle partially instantiated cards. We should be able to remove
even more code than this, though some of the checks we're currently doing
should stay since they're about things like suppressing unneeded DAPM runs
rather than deferring probes.

In order to avoid robustness issues with our teardown paths (which do need
quite a bit of TLC) add a check for aux_devs prior to attempting to set
things up, this means that we've got a reasonable idea that everything will
be there before we start. As with the removal of partial instantiation
support more work will be needed to make this work neatly.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
10 years agoASoC: jack: Push locking for jacks down to the jack
Mark Brown [Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:07:49 +0000 (14:07 +0000)]
ASoC: jack: Push locking for jacks down to the jack

Currently operations on jack reporting take the CODEC mutex both to protect
the current jack status and also to protect the DAPM run which is triggered
on status updates. Since the addition of a DAPM-specific lock we no longer
need to worry about locking DAPM as it has its own finer grained lock so
create a per jack lock to take care of the jack status.

This is both cleaner where the jack isn't specifically associated with a
CODEC and clearer as it's much more obvious what the lock is protecting.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm8994: Don't lock CODEC mutex to do DAPM sync
Mark Brown [Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:34:35 +0000 (16:34 +0000)]
ASoC: wm8994: Don't lock CODEC mutex to do DAPM sync

DAPM now has a DAPM-level lock which it manages itself so we don't need
to take the CODEC mutex to call DAPM any more.  Also remove a redundant
call to snd_soc_dapm_sync(), jack reporting also triggers a DAPM sync.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: wm5100: Convert to devm_regmap_init_i2c()
Mark Brown [Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:01:53 +0000 (20:01 +0000)]
ASoC: wm5100: Convert to devm_regmap_init_i2c()

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: Only lock CODEC for I/O if not using regmap
Mark Brown [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:58:22 +0000 (23:58 +0000)]
ASoC: dapm: Only lock CODEC for I/O if not using regmap

If we do use regmap then regmap will take care of things for us. We
actually already have this check at a higher level for the current
users but this makes sure we do the right thing in the future too if
we need to.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
10 years agoASoC: DAPM: Make sure DAPM widget IO ops hold the component mutex
Liam Girdwood [Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:16:19 +0000 (18:16 +0000)]
ASoC: DAPM: Make sure DAPM widget IO ops hold the component mutex

Currently not all DAPM widget IO ops are holding their component mutex
(codec or platform). Make sure this is now held for DAPM widget IO operations.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: Add regulator member to struct dapm_widget
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:20:16 +0000 (17:20 +0000)]
ASoC: dapm: Add regulator member to struct dapm_widget

Currently DAPM widgets use the private data for their regulator.
Add a regulator * for widgets to use instead of private data.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: Rename dapm mutex subclass to better match usage
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:02:08 +0000 (12:02 +0000)]
ASoC: dapm: Rename dapm mutex subclass to better match usage

Rename SND_SOC_DAPM_CLASS_PCM to SND_SOC_DAPM_CLASS_RUNTIME to
better match the usage and align with card mutex too.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: core: Rename card mutex subclass to better align with usage
Liam Girdwood [Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:02:07 +0000 (12:02 +0000)]
ASoC: core: Rename card mutex subclass to better align with usage

Change SND_SOC_CARD_CLASS_PCM to SND_SOC_CARD_CLASS_RUNTIME to better
describe all uses for this mutex subclass and align with DAPM too.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: Add platform stream event support
Liam Girdwood [Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:32:59 +0000 (16:32 +0000)]
ASoC: dapm: Add platform stream event support

Currently stream events are only perfomed on codec stream widgets only.
There is now a need to be able to perform stream events on platform
widgets too.

e.g. we have the ABE platform driver with several DAI links
to dummy codecs. We need to be able to perform stream events on any
of the dummy codec DAI links.

This patch also removes the snd_soc_dai * parameter since it's already
contained within the rtd * parameter.

Finally makle stream event return void since no one checks it anyway.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: core: Add platform DAI widget mapping
Liam Girdwood [Wed, 7 Mar 2012 11:47:41 +0000 (11:47 +0000)]
ASoC: core: Add platform DAI widget mapping

Add platform driver support for CPU DAI DAPM widgets.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: lock mixer & mux update power with DAPM mutex
Liam Girdwood [Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:38:27 +0000 (10:38 +0000)]
ASoC: dapm: lock mixer & mux update power with DAPM mutex

Both snd_soc_dapm_mux_update_power() and snd_soc_dapm_mixer_update_power() can
be called internally within DAPM core (with DAPM mutex held) and externally.

Provide some wrappers so that external users of both functions do not have to
remember to hold the DAPM mutex.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: dapm: Use DAPM mutex for DAPM ops instead of codec mutex
Liam Girdwood [Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:38:26 +0000 (10:38 +0000)]
ASoC: dapm: Use DAPM mutex for DAPM ops instead of codec mutex

It has now become necessary to use a DAPM mutex instead of the codec
mutex to lock the DAPM operations. This is due to the recent multi
component support and forth coming Dynamic PCM updates.

Currently we lock DAPM operations with the codec mutex of the calling
RTD context. However, DAPM operations can span the whole card context
and all components.

This patch updates the DAPM operations that use the codec mutex to
now use the DAPM mutex PCM subclass for all DAPM ops.

We also add a mutex subclass for DAPM init and PCM operations.

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: core: Add card mutex locking subclasses
Liam Girdwood [Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:38:25 +0000 (10:38 +0000)]
ASoC: core: Add card mutex locking subclasses

This is the first part of a change that is intended to improve
ASoC locking protection for DAPM and PCM operations.

This part of the series adds a mutex class for the soc_card mutex. The
SND_SOC_CARD_CLASS_INIT class is used for card initialisation only whilst the
SND_SOC_CARD_CLASS_PCM class is used for the forth coming Dynamic
PCM operations. The new mutex classes are required otherwise we will see a false
positive mutex deadlock warning between the card initialisation and the PCM
operations (something that would never deadlock in real life).

Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: ak4641: Push GPIO allocation out into the I2C probe
Mark Brown [Sun, 4 Mar 2012 14:20:18 +0000 (14:20 +0000)]
ASoC: ak4641: Push GPIO allocation out into the I2C probe

It's more idiomatic to do this and it means we don't try to bring up the
card if the CODEC didn't manage to bind successfully.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoASoC: ak4641: Convert to module_i2c_driver()
Mark Brown [Sun, 4 Mar 2012 14:06:36 +0000 (14:06 +0000)]
ASoC: ak4641: Convert to module_i2c_driver()

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
10 years agoLinux 3.4-rc1
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:24:09 +0000 (16:24 -0700)]
Linux 3.4-rc1

10 years agoMerge branch 's3-for-3.4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/amit/virti...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:11:39 +0000 (15:11 -0700)]
Merge branch 's3-for-3.4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/amit/virtio-console

Pull virtio S3 support patches from Amit Shah:
 "Turns out S3 is not different from S4 for virtio devices: the device
  is assumed to be reset, so the host and guest state are to be assumed
  to be out of sync upon resume.  We handle the S4 case with exactly the
  same scenario, so just point the suspend/resume routines to the
  freeze/restore ones.

  Once that is done, we also use the PM API's macro to initialise the
  sleep functions.

  A couple of cleanups are included: there's no need for special thaw
  processing in the balloon driver, so that's addressed in patches 1 and
  2.

  Testing: both S3 and S4 support have been tested using these patches
  using a similar method used earlier during S4 patch development: a
  guest is started with virtio-blk as the only disk, a virtio network
  card, a virtio-serial port and a virtio balloon device.  Ping from
  guest to host, dd /dev/zero to a file on the disk, and IO from the
  host on the virtio-serial port, all at once, while exercising S4 and
  S3 (separately) were tested.  They all continue to work fine after
  resume.  virtio balloon values too were tested by inflating and
  deflating the balloon."

Pulling from Amit, since Rusty is off getting married (and presumably
shaving people).

* 's3-for-3.4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/amit/virtio-console:
  virtio-pci: switch to PM ops macro to initialise PM functions
  virtio-pci: S3 support
  virtio-pci: drop restore_common()
  virtio: drop thaw PM operation
  virtio: balloon: Allow stats update after restore from S4

10 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:42:57 +0000 (13:42 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull second try at vfs part d#2 from Al Viro:
 "Miklos' first series (with do_lookup() rewrite split into edible
  chunks) + assorted bits and pieces.

  The 'untangling of do_lookup()' series is is a splitup of what used to
  be a monolithic patch from Miklos, so this series is basically "how do
  I convince myself that his patch is correct (or find a hole in it)".
  No holes found and I like the resulting cleanup, so in it went..."

Changes from try 1: Fix a boot problem with selinux, and commit messages
prettied up a bit.

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs: (24 commits)
  vfs: fix out-of-date dentry_unhash() comment
  vfs: split __lookup_hash
  untangling do_lookup() - take __lookup_hash()-calling case out of line.
  untangling do_lookup() - switch to calling __lookup_hash()
  untangling do_lookup() - merge d_alloc_and_lookup() callers
  untangling do_lookup() - merge failure exits in !dentry case
  untangling do_lookup() - massage !dentry case towards __lookup_hash()
  untangling do_lookup() - get rid of need_reval in !dentry case
  untangling do_lookup() - eliminate a loop.
  untangling do_lookup() - expand the area under ->i_mutex
  untangling do_lookup() - isolate !dentry stuff from the rest of it.
  vfs: move MAY_EXEC check from __lookup_hash()
  vfs: don't revalidate just looked up dentry
  vfs: fix d_need_lookup/d_revalidate order in do_lookup
  ext3: move headers to fs/ext3/
  migrate ext2_fs.h guts to fs/ext2/ext2.h
  new helper: ext2_image_size()
  get rid of pointless includes of ext2_fs.h
  ext2: No longer export ext2_fs.h to user space
  mtdchar: kill persistently held vfsmount
  ...

10 years agoMerge branch 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:35:31 +0000 (13:35 -0700)]
Merge branch 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull scheduler fixes from Ingo Molnar.

* 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  sched: Fix incorrect usage of for_each_cpu_mask() in select_fallback_rq()
  sched: Fix __schedule_bug() output when called from an interrupt
  sched/arch: Introduce the finish_arch_post_lock_switch() scheduler callback

10 years agoMerge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:34:04 +0000 (13:34 -0700)]
Merge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull perf updates and fixes from Ingo Molnar:
 "It's mostly fixes, but there's also two late items:

   - preliminary GTK GUI support for perf report
   - PMU raw event format descriptors in sysfs, to be parsed by tooling

  The raw event format in sysfs is a new ABI.  For example for the 'CPU'
  PMU we have:

    aldebaran:~> ll /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/*
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/any
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/cmask
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/edge
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/event
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/inv
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/offcore_rsp
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/pc
    -r--r--r--. 1 root root 4096 Mar 31 10:29 /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/umask

  those lists of fields contain a specific format:

    aldebaran:~> cat /sys/bus/event_source/devices/cpu/format/offcore_rsp
    config1:0-63

  So, those who wish to specify raw events can now use the following
  event format:

    -e cpu/cmask=1,event=2,umask=3

  Most people will not want to specify any events (let alone raw
  events), they'll just use whatever default event the tools use.

  But for more obscure PMU events that have no cross-architecture
  generic events the above syntax is more usable and a bit more
  structured than specifying hex numbers."

* 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip: (41 commits)
  perf tools: Remove auto-generated bison/flex files
  perf annotate: Fix off by one symbol hist size allocation and hit accounting
  perf tools: Add missing ref-cycles event back to event parser
  perf annotate: addr2line wants addresses in same format as objdump
  perf probe: Finder fails to resolve function name to address
  tracing: Fix ent_size in trace output
  perf symbols: Handle NULL dso in dso__name_len
  perf symbols: Do not include libgen.h
  perf tools: Fix bug in raw sample parsing
  perf tools: Fix display of first level of callchains
  perf tools: Switch module.h into export.h
  perf: Move mmap page data_head offset assertion out of header
  perf: Fix mmap_page capabilities and docs
  perf diff: Fix to work with new hists design
  perf tools: Fix modifier to be applied on correct events
  perf tools: Fix various casting issues for 32 bits
  perf tools: Simplify event_read_id exit path
  tracing: Fix ftrace stack trace entries
  tracing: Move the tracing_on/off() declarations into CONFIG_TRACING
  perf report: Add a simple GTK2-based 'perf report' browser
  ...

10 years agoMerge tag 'parisc-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/parisc-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:32:30 +0000 (13:32 -0700)]
Merge tag 'parisc-misc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/parisc-2.6

Pull PARISC misc updates from James Bottomley:
 "This is a couple of minor updates (fixing lws futex locking and
  removing some obsolete cpu_*_map calls)."

* tag 'parisc-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/parisc-2.6:
  [PARISC] remove references to cpu_*_map.
  [PARISC] futex: Use same lock set as lws calls

10 years agoMerge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:31:23 +0000 (13:31 -0700)]
Merge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6

Pull SCSI updates from James Bottomley:
 "This is primarily another round of driver updates (lpfc, bfa, fcoe,
  ipr) plus a new ufshcd driver.  There shouldn't be anything
  controversial in here (The final deletion of scsi proc_ops which
  caused some build breakage has been held over until the next merge
  window to give us more time to stabilise it).

  I'm afraid, with me moving continents at exactly the wrong time,
  anything submitted after the merge window opened has been held over to
  the next merge window."

* tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6: (63 commits)
  [SCSI] ipr: Driver version 2.5.3
  [SCSI] ipr: Increase alignment boundary of command blocks
  [SCSI] ipr: Increase max concurrent oustanding commands
  [SCSI] ipr: Remove unnecessary memory barriers
  [SCSI] ipr: Remove unnecessary interrupt clearing on new adapters
  [SCSI] ipr: Fix target id allocation re-use problem
  [SCSI] atp870u, mpt2sas, qla4xxx use pci_dev->revision
  [SCSI] fcoe: Drop the rtnl_mutex before calling fcoe_ctlr_link_up
  [SCSI] bfa: Update the driver version to 3.0.23.0
  [SCSI] bfa: BSG and User interface fixes.
  [SCSI] bfa: Fix to avoid vport delete hang on request queue full scenario.
  [SCSI] bfa: Move service parameter programming logic into firmware.
  [SCSI] bfa: Revised Fabric Assigned Address(FAA) feature implementation.
  [SCSI] bfa: Flash controller IOC pll init fixes.
  [SCSI] bfa: Serialize the IOC hw semaphore unlock logic.
  [SCSI] bfa: Modify ISR to process pending completions
  [SCSI] bfa: Add fc host issue lip support
  [SCSI] mpt2sas: remove extraneous sas_log_info messages
  [SCSI] libfc: fcoe_transport_create fails in single-CPU environment
  [SCSI] fcoe: reduce contention for fcoe_rx_list lock [v2]
  ...

10 years agovfs: fix out-of-date dentry_unhash() comment
J. Bruce Fields [Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:48:40 +0000 (11:48 -0500)]
vfs: fix out-of-date dentry_unhash() comment

64252c75a2196a0cf1e0d3777143ecfe0e3ae650 "vfs: remove dget() from
dentry_unhash()" changed the implementation but not the comment.

Cc: Sage Weil <sage@newdream.net>
Signed-off-by: J. Bruce Fields <bfields@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agovfs: split __lookup_hash
Miklos Szeredi [Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:54:24 +0000 (12:54 +0200)]
vfs: split __lookup_hash

Split __lookup_hash into two component functions:

 lookup_dcache - tries cached lookup, returns whether real lookup is needed
 lookup_real - calls i_op->lookup

This eliminates code duplication between d_alloc_and_lookup() and
d_inode_lookup().

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - take __lookup_hash()-calling case out of line.
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:48:04 +0000 (14:48 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - take __lookup_hash()-calling case out of line.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - switch to calling __lookup_hash()
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:41:51 +0000 (14:41 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - switch to calling __lookup_hash()

now we have __lookup_hash() open-coded if !dentry case;
just call the damn thing instead...

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - merge d_alloc_and_lookup() callers
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:39:15 +0000 (14:39 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - merge d_alloc_and_lookup() callers

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - merge failure exits in !dentry case
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:37:42 +0000 (14:37 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - merge failure exits in !dentry case

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - massage !dentry case towards __lookup_hash()
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:34:00 +0000 (14:34 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - massage !dentry case towards __lookup_hash()

Reorder if-else cases for starters...

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - get rid of need_reval in !dentry case
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:18:50 +0000 (14:18 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - get rid of need_reval in !dentry case

Everything arriving into if (!dentry) will have need_reval = 1.
Indeed, the only way to get there with need_reval reset to 0 would
be via
if (unlikely(d_need_lookup(dentry)))
goto unlazy;
if (unlikely(dentry->d_flags & DCACHE_OP_REVALIDATE)) {
status = d_revalidate(dentry, nd);
if (unlikely(status <= 0)) {
if (status != -ECHILD)
need_reval = 0;
goto unlazy;
...
unlazy:
/* no assignments to dentry */
if (dentry && unlikely(d_need_lookup(dentry))) {
dput(dentry);
dentry = NULL;
}
and if d_need_lookup() had already been false the first time around, it
will remain false on the second call as well.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - eliminate a loop.
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:13:15 +0000 (14:13 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - eliminate a loop.

d_lookup() *will* fail after successful d_invalidate(), if we are
holding i_mutex all along.  IOW, we don't need to jump back to
l: - we know what path will be taken there and can do that (i.e.
d_alloc_and_lookup()) directly.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - expand the area under ->i_mutex
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:08:28 +0000 (14:08 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - expand the area under ->i_mutex

keep holding ->i_mutex over revalidation parts

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agountangling do_lookup() - isolate !dentry stuff from the rest of it.
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:04:16 +0000 (14:04 -0400)]
untangling do_lookup() - isolate !dentry stuff from the rest of it.

Duplicate the revalidation-related parts into if (!dentry) branch.
Next step will be to pull them under i_mutex.

This and the next 8 commits are more or less a splitup of patch
by Miklos; folks, when you are working with something that convoluted,
carve your patches up into easily reviewed steps, especially when
a lot of codepaths involved are rarely hit...

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agovfs: move MAY_EXEC check from __lookup_hash()
Miklos Szeredi [Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:54:21 +0000 (12:54 +0200)]
vfs: move MAY_EXEC check from __lookup_hash()

The only caller of __lookup_hash() that needs the exec permission check on
parent is lookup_one_len().

All lookup_hash() callers already checked permission in LOOKUP_PARENT walk.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agovfs: don't revalidate just looked up dentry
Miklos Szeredi [Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:54:20 +0000 (12:54 +0200)]
vfs: don't revalidate just looked up dentry

__lookup_hash() calls ->lookup() if the dentry needs lookup and on success
revalidates the dentry (all under dir->i_mutex).

While this is harmless it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agovfs: fix d_need_lookup/d_revalidate order in do_lookup
Miklos Szeredi [Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:54:19 +0000 (12:54 +0200)]
vfs: fix d_need_lookup/d_revalidate order in do_lookup

Doing revalidate on a dentry which has not yet been looked up makes no sense.

Move the d_need_lookup() check before d_revalidate().

Signed-off-by: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agoext3: move headers to fs/ext3/
Al Viro [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 02:30:07 +0000 (22:30 -0400)]
ext3: move headers to fs/ext3/

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agomigrate ext2_fs.h guts to fs/ext2/ext2.h
Al Viro [Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:45:51 +0000 (16:45 -0400)]
migrate ext2_fs.h guts to fs/ext2/ext2.h

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agonew helper: ext2_image_size()
Al Viro [Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:36:45 +0000 (16:36 -0400)]
new helper: ext2_image_size()

... implemented that way since the next commit will leave it
almost alone in ext2_fs.h - most of the file (including
struct ext2_super_block) is going to move to fs/ext2/ext2.h.

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agoget rid of pointless includes of ext2_fs.h
Al Viro [Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:04:05 +0000 (16:04 -0400)]
get rid of pointless includes of ext2_fs.h

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agoext2: No longer export ext2_fs.h to user space
Thierry Reding [Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:27:36 +0000 (10:27 +0100)]
ext2: No longer export ext2_fs.h to user space

Since the on-disk format has been stable for quite some time, users
should either use the headers provided by libext2fs or keep a private
copy of this header. For the full discussion, see this thread:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/3/21/516

While at it, this commit removes all __KERNEL__ guards, which are now
unnecessary.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de>
Cc: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Cc: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
Cc: Ted Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
Cc: Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1@gmail.com>
Cc: Andreas Dilger <aedilger@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org
10 years agomtdchar: kill persistently held vfsmount
Al Viro [Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:47:52 +0000 (13:47 -0400)]
mtdchar: kill persistently held vfsmount

... and mtdchar_notifier along with it; just have ->drop_inode() that
will unconditionally get evict them instead of dances on mtd device
removal and use simple_pin_fs() instead of kern_mount()

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agopstore: trim pstore_get_inode()
Al Viro [Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:26:35 +0000 (12:26 -0400)]
pstore: trim pstore_get_inode()

move mode-dependent parts to callers, kill unused arguments

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agoaio: take final put_ioctx() into callers of io_destroy()
Al Viro [Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:27:57 +0000 (16:27 -0400)]
aio: take final put_ioctx() into callers of io_destroy()

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agoaio: merge aio_cancel_all() with wait_for_all_aios()
Al Viro [Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:26:24 +0000 (16:26 -0400)]
aio: merge aio_cancel_all() with wait_for_all_aios()

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agoselinuxfs: merge dentry allocation into sel_make_dir()
Al Viro [Mon, 19 Mar 2012 00:36:59 +0000 (20:36 -0400)]
selinuxfs: merge dentry allocation into sel_make_dir()

Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
10 years agoASPM: Fix pcie devices with non-pcie children
Matthew Garrett [Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:17:41 +0000 (10:17 -0400)]
ASPM: Fix pcie devices with non-pcie children

Since 3.2.12 and 3.3, some systems are failing to boot with a BUG_ON.
Some other systems using the pata_jmicron driver fail to boot because no
disks are detected.  Passing pcie_aspm=force on the kernel command line
works around it.

The cause: commit 4949be16822e ("PCI: ignore pre-1.1 ASPM quirking when
ASPM is disabled") changed the behaviour of pcie_aspm_sanity_check() to
always return 0 if aspm is disabled, in order to avoid cases where we
changed ASPM state on pre-PCIe 1.1 devices.

This skipped the secondary function of pcie_aspm_sanity_check which was
to avoid us enabling ASPM on devices that had non-PCIe children, causing
trouble later on.  Move the aspm_disabled check so we continue to honour
that scenario.

Addresses https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42979 and
          http://bugs.debian.org/665420

Reported-by: Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> # kernel panic
Reported-by: Chris Holland <bandidoirlandes@gmail.com> # disk detection trouble
Signed-off-by: Matthew Garrett <mjg@redhat.com>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Tested-by: Hatem Masmoudi <hatem.masmoudi@gmail.com> # Dell Latitude E5520
Tested-by: janek <jan0x6c@gmail.com> # pata_jmicron with JMB362/JMB363
[jn: with more symptoms in log message]
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoselinux: inline avc_audit() and avc_has_perm_noaudit() into caller
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 18:12:57 +0000 (11:12 -0700)]
selinux: inline avc_audit() and avc_has_perm_noaudit() into caller

Now that all the slow-path code is gone from these functions, we can
inline them into the main caller - avc_has_perm_flags().

Now the compiler can see that 'avc' is allocated on the stack for this
case, which helps register pressure a bit.  It also actually shrinks the
total stack frame, because the stack frame that avc_has_perm_flags()
always needed (for that 'avc' allocation) is now sufficient for the
inlined functions too.

Inlining isn't bad - but mindless inlining of cold code (see the
previous commit) is.

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoselinux: don't inline slow-path code into avc_has_perm_noaudit()
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:58:08 +0000 (10:58 -0700)]
selinux: don't inline slow-path code into avc_has_perm_noaudit()

The selinux AVC paths remain some of the hottest (and deepest) codepaths
at filename lookup time, and we make it worse by having the slow path
cases take up I$ and stack space even when they don't trigger.  Gcc
tends to always want to inline functions that are just called once -
never mind that this might make for slower and worse code in the caller.

So this tries to improve on it a bit by making the slow-path cases
explicitly separate functions that are marked noinline, causing gcc to
at least no longer allocate stack space for them unless they are
actually called.  It also seems to help register allocation a tiny bit,
since gcc now doesn't take the slow case code into account.

Uninlining the slow path may also allow us to inline the remaining hot
path into the one caller that actually matters: avc_has_perm_flags().
I'll have to look at that separately, but both avc_audit() and
avc_has_perm_noaudit() are now small and lean enough that inlining them
may make sense.

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agosched: Fix incorrect usage of for_each_cpu_mask() in select_fallback_rq()
Srivatsa S. Bhat [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:10:28 +0000 (19:40 +0530)]
sched: Fix incorrect usage of for_each_cpu_mask() in select_fallback_rq()

The function for_each_cpu_mask() expects a *pointer* to struct
cpumask as its second argument, whereas select_fallback_rq()
passes the value itself.

And moreover, for_each_cpu_mask() has been marked as obselete
in include/linux/cpumask.h. So move to the more appropriate
for_each_cpu() variant.

Reported-by: Sasha Levin <levinsasha928@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Srivatsa S. Bhat <srivatsa.bhat@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
Cc: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
Cc: Liu Chuansheng <chuansheng.liu@intel.com>
Cc: vapier@gentoo.org
Cc: rusty@rustcorp.com.au
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/4F75BED4.9050005@linux.vnet.ibm.com
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
10 years agoMerge branch 'perf/urgent' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme...
Ingo Molnar [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 07:27:41 +0000 (09:27 +0200)]
Merge branch 'perf/urgent' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/acme/linux into perf/urgent

10 years agovirtio-pci: switch to PM ops macro to initialise PM functions
Amit Shah [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:28:05 +0000 (12:58 +0530)]
virtio-pci: switch to PM ops macro to initialise PM functions

Use the SET_SYSTEM_SLEEP_PM_OPS macro to initialise the suspend/resume
functions in the new PM API.

Signed-off-by: Amit Shah <amit.shah@redhat.com>
10 years agovirtio-pci: S3 support
Amit Shah [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:21:41 +0000 (12:51 +0530)]
virtio-pci: S3 support

There's no difference in supporting S3 and S4 for virtio devices: the
vqs have to be re-created as the device has to be assumed to be reset at
restore-time.  Since S4 already handles this situation, we can directly
use the same code and callbacks for S3 support.

Signed-off-by: Amit Shah <amit.shah@redhat.com>
10 years agovirtio-pci: drop restore_common()
Amit Shah [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:24:43 +0000 (12:54 +0530)]
virtio-pci: drop restore_common()

restore_common() was shared between restore and thaw callbacks.  With
thaw gone, we don't need restore_common() anymore.

Signed-off-by: Amit Shah <amit.shah@redhat.com>
10 years agovirtio: drop thaw PM operation
Amit Shah [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:20:20 +0000 (12:50 +0530)]
virtio: drop thaw PM operation

The thaw operation was used by the balloon driver, but after the last
commit there's no reason to have separate thaw and restore callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Amit Shah <amit.shah@redhat.com>
10 years agovirtio: balloon: Allow stats update after restore from S4
Amit Shah [Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:18:19 +0000 (12:48 +0530)]
virtio: balloon: Allow stats update after restore from S4

There's no reason stats update after restore can't work.  If a host
requested for stats, and before servicing the request, the guest entered
S4, upon restore, the stats request can still be processed and sent off
to the host.

Signed-off-by: Amit Shah <amit.shah@redhat.com>
10 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 31 Mar 2012 01:40:33 +0000 (18:40 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc

Pull Sam Ravnborg's sparc32 build fixes from David Miller.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc:
  sparc32: fix fallout from system.h removal

10 years agosparc32: fix fallout from system.h removal
Sam Ravnborg [Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:53:50 +0000 (15:53 +0200)]
sparc32: fix fallout from system.h removal

Build failures for the typical configs I use

Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>