~shefty/rdma-dev.git
10 years agoMerge branch 'imx-for-2.6.38' of git://git.pengutronix.de/git/ukl/linux-2.6 into...
Sascha Hauer [Wed, 24 Nov 2010 07:24:29 +0000 (08:24 +0100)]
Merge branch 'imx-for-2.6.38' of git://git.pengutronix.de/git/ukl/linux-2.6 into imx-for-2.6.38

10 years agoLinux 2.6.37-rc3 v2.6.37-rc3
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:18:56 +0000 (15:18 -0800)]
Linux 2.6.37-rc3

10 years agoMerge branch 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 20 Nov 2010 03:46:45 +0000 (19:46 -0800)]
Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4

* 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4:
  ext4: Add EXT4_IOC_TRIM ioctl to handle batched discard
  fs: Do not dispatch FITRIM through separate super_operation
  ext4: ext4_fill_super shouldn't return 0 on corruption
  jbd2: fix /proc/fs/jbd2/<dev> when using an external journal
  ext4: missing unlock in ext4_clear_request_list()
  ext4: fix setting random pages PageUptodate

10 years agoext4: Add EXT4_IOC_TRIM ioctl to handle batched discard
Lukas Czerner [Sat, 20 Nov 2010 02:47:07 +0000 (21:47 -0500)]
ext4: Add EXT4_IOC_TRIM ioctl to handle batched discard

Filesystem independent ioctl was rejected as not common enough to be in
core vfs ioctl. Since we still need to access to this functionality this
commit adds ext4 specific ioctl EXT4_IOC_TRIM to dispatch
ext4_trim_fs().

It takes fstrim_range structure as an argument. fstrim_range is definec in
the include/linux/fs.h and its definition is as follows.

struct fstrim_range {
__u64 start;
__u64 len;
__u64 minlen;
}

start - first Byte to trim
len - number of Bytes to trim from start
minlen - minimum extent length to trim, free extents shorter than this
  number of Bytes will be ignored. This will be rounded up to fs
  block size.

After the FITRIM is done, the number of actually discarded Bytes is stored
in fstrim_range.len to give the user better insight on how much storage
space has been really released for wear-leveling.

Signed-off-by: Lukas Czerner <lczerner@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
10 years agofs: Do not dispatch FITRIM through separate super_operation
Lukas Czerner [Sat, 20 Nov 2010 02:18:35 +0000 (21:18 -0500)]
fs: Do not dispatch FITRIM through separate super_operation

There was concern that FITRIM ioctl is not common enough to be included
in core vfs ioctl, as Christoph Hellwig pointed out there's no real point
in dispatching this out to a separate vector instead of just through
->ioctl.

So this commit removes ioctl_fstrim() from vfs ioctl and trim_fs
from super_operation structure.

Signed-off-by: Lukas Czerner <lczerner@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
10 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:32:22 +0000 (15:32 -0800)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph-client

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph-client:
  ceph: fix readdir EOVERFLOW on 32-bit archs
  ceph: fix frag offset for non-leftmost frags
  ceph: fix dangling pointer
  ceph: explicitly specify page alignment in network messages
  ceph: make page alignment explicit in osd interface
  ceph: fix comment, remove extraneous args
  ceph: fix update of ctime from MDS
  ceph: fix version check on racing inode updates
  ceph: fix uid/gid on resent mds requests
  ceph: fix rdcache_gen usage and invalidate
  ceph: re-request max_size if cap auth changes
  ceph: only let auth caps update max_size
  ceph: fix open for write on clustered mds
  ceph: fix bad pointer dereference in ceph_fill_trace
  ceph: fix small seq message skipping
  Revert "ceph: update issue_seq on cap grant"

10 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:25:59 +0000 (15:25 -0800)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (31 commits)
  net: fix kernel-doc for sk_filter_rcu_release
  be2net: Fix to avoid firmware update when interface is not open.
  netfilter: fix IP_VS dependencies
  net: irda: irttp: sync error paths of data- and udata-requests
  ipv6: Expose reachable and retrans timer values as msecs
  ipv6: Expose IFLA_PROTINFO timer values in msecs instead of jiffies
  3c59x: fix build failure on !CONFIG_PCI
  ipg.c: remove id [SUNDANCE, 0x1021]
  net: caif: spi: fix potential NULL dereference
  ath9k_htc: Avoid setting QoS control for non-QoS frames
  net: zero kobject in rx_queue_release
  net: Fix duplicate volatile warning.
  MAINTAINERS: Add stmmac maintainer
  bonding: fix a race in IGMP handling
  cfg80211: fix can_beacon_sec_chan, reenable HT40
  gianfar: fix signedness issue
  net: bnx2x: fix error value sign
  8139cp: fix checksum broken
  r8169: fix checksum broken
  rds: Integer overflow in RDS cmsg handling
  ...

10 years agoARM: imx: fix name for functions adding sdhci-esdhc-imx devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:03:33 +0000 (21:03 +0100)]
ARM: imx: fix name for functions adding sdhci-esdhc-imx devices

and restore alphabetic ordering.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3/mx35_3ds: Add watchdog support
Uwe Kleine-König [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:24:21 +0000 (23:24 +0100)]
ARM: mx3/mx35_3ds: Add watchdog support

This bases on a patch by Fabio Estevam who added the device before it
was allocated dynamically.

Cc: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: dynamically allocate imx-keypad devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:27:33 +0000 (21:27 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: dynamically allocate imx-keypad devices

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: dynamically allocate imx2-wdt devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:28:45 +0000 (15:28 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: dynamically allocate imx2-wdt devices

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: dynamically allocate mxc-ehci devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:57:49 +0000 (11:57 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: dynamically allocate mxc-ehci devices

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: dynamically allocate fsl-usb2-udc devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:40:06 +0000 (16:40 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: dynamically allocate fsl-usb2-udc devices

While adapting the #defines for this I noticed that the offset
used for USB HS on i.MX35 differs from the documented offset.
I kept the working offset and commented that the documentation
differs.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: dynamically allocate mxc_rnga devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:49:34 +0000 (11:49 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: dynamically allocate mxc_rnga devices

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: dynamically register mxc-mmc devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:10:55 +0000 (11:10 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: dynamically register mxc-mmc devices

Compared to the static devices the dynamic have a DMA resource.
This should be save as it seems unused in the driver.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: introduce SOC_IMX31 and SOC_IMX35
Uwe Kleine-König [Fri, 12 Nov 2010 09:11:42 +0000 (10:11 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: introduce SOC_IMX31 and SOC_IMX35

Additionally convert some known to be good usages to the new
names.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: use an MX35 constant in imx35 only code
Uwe Kleine-König [Fri, 12 Nov 2010 07:27:14 +0000 (08:27 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: use an MX35 constant in imx35 only code

... instead of MX3x

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx3: move registration of gpios to plat-mxc/gpio.c
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:50:50 +0000 (18:50 +0100)]
ARM: mx3: move registration of gpios to plat-mxc/gpio.c

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: imx: use SOC_IMX25 instead of ARCH_MX25 for multi-SoC
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:35:01 +0000 (18:35 +0100)]
ARM: imx: use SOC_IMX25 instead of ARCH_MX25 for multi-SoC

Some usages of ARCH_MX25 are assuming that if it is
defined the other SoCs are undefined.  Use SOC_IMX25 for the save
places.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: imx: let the machines select SOC_IMX{21,27}
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:17:15 +0000 (18:17 +0100)]
ARM: imx: let the machines select SOC_IMX{21,27}

This prepares multi-SoC kernel support.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: imx: let IMX_HAVE_PLATFORM_IMX_FB select HAVE_FB_IMX
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:11:29 +0000 (18:11 +0100)]
ARM: imx: let IMX_HAVE_PLATFORM_IMX_FB select HAVE_FB_IMX

This way FB_IMX can just depend on HAVE_FB_IMX and machines
just need to select IMX_HAVE_PLATFORM_IMX_FB without bothering
about HAVE_FB_IMX.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: imx: move mx25 support to mach-imx
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:06:17 +0000 (18:06 +0100)]
ARM: imx: move mx25 support to mach-imx

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx25: remove now empty devices.h
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:30:25 +0000 (17:30 +0100)]
ARM: mx25: remove now empty devices.h

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx25: dynamically allocate mx2-camera devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:11:34 +0000 (17:11 +0100)]
ARM: mx25: dynamically allocate mx2-camera devices

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoARM: mx25: dynamically allocate imx2-wdt devices
Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:58:50 +0000 (16:58 +0100)]
ARM: mx25: dynamically allocate imx2-wdt devices

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
10 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzi...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 19:59:49 +0000 (11:59 -0800)]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

* 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev:
  sata_via: apply magic FIFO fix to vt6420 too

10 years agoRevert "kernel: make /proc/kallsyms mode 400 to reduce ease of attacking"
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 19:54:40 +0000 (11:54 -0800)]
Revert "kernel: make /proc/kallsyms mode 400 to reduce ease of attacking"

This reverts commit 59365d136d205cc20fe666ca7f89b1c5001b0d5a.

It turns out that this can break certain existing user land setups.
Quoth Sarah Sharp:

 "On Wednesday, I updated my branch to commit 460781b from linus' tree,
  and my box would not boot.  klogd segfaulted, which stalled the whole
  system.

  At first I thought it actually hung the box, but it continued booting
  after 5 minutes, and I was able to log in.  It dropped back to the
  text console instead of the graphical bootup display for that period
  of time.  dmesg surprisingly still works.  I've bisected the problem
  down to this commit (commit 59365d136d205cc20fe666ca7f89b1c5001b0d5a)

  The box is running klogd 1.5.5ubuntu3 (from Jaunty).  Yes, I know
  that's old.  I read the bit in the commit about changing the
  permissions of kallsyms after boot, but if I can't boot that doesn't
  help."

So let's just keep the old default, and encourage distributions to do
the "chmod -r /proc/kallsyms" in their bootup scripts.  This is not
worth a kernel option to change default behavior, since it's so easily
done in user space.

Reported-and-bisected-by: Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Marcus Meissner <meissner@suse.de>
Cc: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Cc: Eugene Teo <eugeneteo@kernel.org>
Cc: Jesper Juhl <jj@chaosbits.net>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:31:04 +0000 (10:31 -0800)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dtor/input

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input:
  Input: fix typo in keycode validation supporting large scancodes
  Input: aiptek - tighten up permissions on sysfs attributes
  Input: sysrq - pass along lone Alt + SysRq

10 years agoMerge branch 'drm-intel-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ickle...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:28:13 +0000 (10:28 -0800)]
Merge branch 'drm-intel-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ickle/drm-intel

* 'drm-intel-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ickle/drm-intel:
  drm/i915: Disable FBC on Ironlake to save 1W
  drm/i915: Take advantage of auto-polling CRT hotplug detection on PCH hardware
  drm/i915/crt: Introduce struct intel_crt
  drm/i915: Do not hold mutex when faulting in user addresses
  drm: radeon: fix error value sign
  drm/radeon/kms: fix and unify tiled buffer alignment checking for r6xx/7xx
  drm/i915: Retire any pending operations on the old scanout when switching
  drm/i915: Fix I2C adapter registration

10 years agoMerge branch 'drm-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:27:57 +0000 (10:27 -0800)]
Merge branch 'drm-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6

* 'drm-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6: (40 commits)
  drm/radeon/kms: i2c s/sprintf/snprintf/g for safety
  drm/radeon/kms: fix i2c pad masks on rs4xx
  drm/ttm: Fix up a theoretical deadlock
  drm/radeon/kms: fix tiling info on evergreen
  drm/radeon/kms: fix alignment when allocating buffers
  drm/vmwgfx: Fix up an error path during bo creation
  drm/radeon/kms: register an i2c adapter name for the dp aux bus
  drm/radeon/kms/atom: add proper external encoders support
  drm/radeon/kms/atom: cleanup and unify DVO handling
  drm/radeon/kms: properly power up/down the eDP panel as needed (v4)
  drm/radeon/kms/atom: set sane defaults in atombios_get_encoder_mode()
  drm/radeon/kms: turn the backlight off explicitly for dpms
  drm/radeon/kms: fix typo in r600 cs checker
  drm: radeon: fix error value sign
  drm/radeon/kms: fix and unify tiled buffer alignment checking for r6xx/7xx
  nouveau: Acknowledge HPD irq in handler, not bottom half
  drm/nouveau: Fix a few confusions between "chipset" and "card_type".
  drm/nouveau: don't expose backlight control when available through ACPI
  drm/nouveau/pm: improve memtiming mappings
  drm/nouveau: Make PCIE GART size depend on the available RAMIN space.
  ...

10 years agosata_via: apply magic FIFO fix to vt6420 too
Tejun Heo [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:29:19 +0000 (15:29 +0100)]
sata_via: apply magic FIFO fix to vt6420 too

vt6420 has the same FIFO overflow problem as vt6421 when combined with
certain devices.  This patch applies the magic fix to vt6420 too.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Reported-by: Martin Qvist <q@maq.dk>
Reported-by: Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>
Cc: Joseph Chan <JosephChan@via.com.tw>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@redhat.com>
10 years agonet: fix kernel-doc for sk_filter_rcu_release
Randy Dunlap [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:02:37 +0000 (13:02 +0000)]
net: fix kernel-doc for sk_filter_rcu_release

Fix kernel-doc warning for sk_filter_rcu_release():

Warning(net/core/filter.c:586): missing initial short description on line:
 *  sk_filter_rcu_release: Release a socket filter by rcu_head

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: netdev@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agobe2net: Fix to avoid firmware update when interface is not open.
Sarveshwar Bandi [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:44:45 +0000 (23:44 +0000)]
be2net: Fix to avoid firmware update when interface is not open.

Since interrupts are enabled only when open is called on the interface,
Attempting a firmware update operation when interface is down could lead to
partial success or failure of operation. This fix fails the request if
netif_running is false.

Signed-off-by: Sarveshwar Bandi <Sarveshwar.Bandi@emulex.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agoext4: ext4_fill_super shouldn't return 0 on corruption
Darrick J. Wong [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:56:44 +0000 (09:56 -0500)]
ext4: ext4_fill_super shouldn't return 0 on corruption

At the start of ext4_fill_super, ret is set to -EINVAL, and any failure path
out of that function returns ret.  However, the generic_check_addressable
clause sets ret = 0 (if it passes), which means that a subsequent failure (e.g.
a group checksum error) returns 0 even though the mount should fail.  This
causes vfs_kern_mount in turn to think that the mount succeeded, leading to an
oops.

A simple fix is to avoid using ret for the generic_check_addressable check,
which was last changed in commit 30ca22c70e3ef0a96ff84de69cd7e8561b416cb2.

Signed-off-by: Darrick J. Wong <djwong@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
10 years agodrm/i915: Disable FBC on Ironlake to save 1W
Alex Shi [Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:33:55 +0000 (09:33 +0000)]
drm/i915: Disable FBC on Ironlake to save 1W

Frame buffer compression is broken on Ironlake due to buggy hardware.
Currently it is disabled through chicken bits, but it still consumes
over 1W more than if we simply never attempt to enable the FBC code
paths.

Signed-off-by: Alex Shi <alex.shi@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
10 years agodrm/i915: Take advantage of auto-polling CRT hotplug detection on PCH hardware
Keith Packard [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:03:53 +0000 (16:03 +0800)]
drm/i915: Take advantage of auto-polling CRT hotplug detection on PCH hardware

Both IBX and CPT have an automatic hotplug detection mode which appears to work reliably enough
that we can dispense with the manual force hotplug trigger stuff. This means that
hotplug detection is as simple as reading the current hotplug register values.

The first time the hotplug detection is activated, the code synchronously waits for a hotplug
sequence in case the hardware hasn't bothered to do a detection cycle since being initialized.

Signed-off-by: Keith Packard <keithp@keithp.com>
Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
10 years agodrm/i915/crt: Introduce struct intel_crt
Chris Wilson [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:58:37 +0000 (10:58 +0000)]
drm/i915/crt: Introduce struct intel_crt

We will use this structure in future patches to store CRT specific
information on the encoder.

Split out and tweaked from a patch by Keith Packard.

Signed-off-by: Keith Packard <keithp@kithp.com>
Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
10 years agodrm/i915: Do not hold mutex when faulting in user addresses
Chris Wilson [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:10:42 +0000 (09:10 +0000)]
drm/i915: Do not hold mutex when faulting in user addresses

Linus Torvalds found that it was rather trivial to trigger a system
freeze:

  In fact, with lockdep, I don't even need to do the sysrq-d thing: it
  shows the bug as it happens. It's the X server taking the same lock
  recursively.

  Here's the problem:

    =============================================
    [ INFO: possible recursive locking detected ]
    2.6.37-rc2-00012-gbdbd01a #7
    ---------------------------------------------
    Xorg/2816 is trying to acquire lock:
     (&dev->struct_mutex){+.+.+.}, at: [<ffffffff812c626c>] i915_gem_fault+0x50/0x17e

    but task is already holding lock:
     (&dev->struct_mutex){+.+.+.}, at: [<ffffffff812c403b>] i915_mutex_lock_interruptible+0x28/0x4a

    other info that might help us debug this:
    2 locks held by Xorg/2816:
     #0:  (&dev->struct_mutex){+.+.+.}, at: [<ffffffff812c403b>] i915_mutex_lock_interruptible+0x28/0x4a
     #1:  (&mm->mmap_sem){++++++}, at: [<ffffffff81022d4f>] page_fault+0x156/0x37b

This recursion was introduced by rearranging the locking to avoid the
double locking on the fast path (4f27b5d and fbd5a26d) and the
introduction of the prefault to encourage the fast paths (b5e4f2b). In
order to undo the problem, we rearrange the code to perform the access
validation upfront, attempt to prefault and then fight for control of the
mutex.  the best case scenario where the mutex is uncontended the
prefaulting is not wasted.

Reported-and-tested-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: i2c s/sprintf/snprintf/g for safety
Alex Deucher [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:37:18 +0000 (11:37 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: i2c s/sprintf/snprintf/g for safety

As per advice from Jean Delvare.

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: fix i2c pad masks on rs4xx
Alex Deucher [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:18:08 +0000 (17:18 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: fix i2c pad masks on rs4xx

These got lost in the last i2c cleanup.  Fixes:
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23222

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agoMerge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzi...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:01:43 +0000 (15:01 -0800)]
Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev

* 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev:
  [libata] remove SCSI host lock and serial number usage from ata_scsi_queuecmd

10 years agoMAINTAINERS: update documentation entries
Randy Dunlap [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:27:37 +0000 (12:27 -0800)]
MAINTAINERS: update documentation entries

Update kernel-doc and Documentation maintainers info.

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoDocumentation/development-process: more staging info
Andres Salomon [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:27:36 +0000 (12:27 -0800)]
Documentation/development-process: more staging info

Document things that I would've liked to have known when submitting a driver
to gregkh for staging.

Signed-off-by: Andres Salomon <dilinger@queued.net>
Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoDocumentation/development-process: use -next trees instead of staging
Andres Salomon [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:27:35 +0000 (12:27 -0800)]
Documentation/development-process: use -next trees instead of staging

This is confusing, as we have "staging" trees for drivers/staging.  Call
them -next trees.

Signed-off-by: Andres Salomon <dilinger@queued.net>
Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoDocumentation: change email address for Hans Koch
Hans J. Koch [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:27:34 +0000 (12:27 -0800)]
Documentation: change email address for Hans Koch

My old mail address doesn't exist anymore. This changes all occurrences
to my new address.

Signed-off-by: Hans J. Koch <hjk@hansjkoch.de>
Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoDocumentation/gpio.txt: explain poll/select usage
Bernhard Walle [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:27:33 +0000 (12:27 -0800)]
Documentation/gpio.txt: explain poll/select usage

Add a bit more information how to use poll(2) on GPIO value files
correctly. For me it was not clear that I need to poll(2) for
POLLPRI|POLLERR or select(2) for exceptfds.

Signed-off-by: Bernhard Walle <walle@corscience.de>
Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoDocumentation: make configfs example code simpler, clearer
Dan Carpenter [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:27:32 +0000 (12:27 -0800)]
Documentation: make configfs example code simpler, clearer

If "p" is NULL then it will cause an oops when we pass it to
simple_strtoul().  In this case "p" can not be NULL so I removed the
check.  I also changed the check a little to make it more explicit that
we are testing whether p points to the NUL char.

Signed-off-by: Dan Carpenter <error27@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Joel Becker <joel.becker@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agokernel-doc: escape xml for structs
Randy Dunlap [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:27:31 +0000 (12:27 -0800)]
kernel-doc: escape xml for structs

scripts/kernel-doc was leaving unescaped '<', '>', and '&' in
generated xml output for structs.  This causes xml parser errors.
Convert these characters to "&lt;", "&gt;", and "&amp;" as needed
to prevent errors.

Most of the conversion was already done; complete it just before
output.

Documentation/DocBook/device-drivers.xml:41883: parser error : StartTag: invalid element name
#define INPUT_KEYMAP_BY_INDEX (1 << 0)

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agonetfilter: fix IP_VS dependencies
Patrick McHardy [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:20:57 +0000 (08:20 +0000)]
netfilter: fix IP_VS dependencies

When NF_CONNTRACK is enabled, IP_VS uses conntrack symbols.
Therefore IP_VS can't be linked statically when conntrack
is built modular.

Reported-by: Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com>
Tested-by: Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agonet: irda: irttp: sync error paths of data- and udata-requests
Wolfram Sang [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:40:02 +0000 (09:40 +0000)]
net: irda: irttp: sync error paths of data- and udata-requests

irttp_data_request() returns meaningful errorcodes, while irttp_udata_request()
just returns -1 in similar situations. Sync the two and the loglevels of the
accompanying output.

Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <w.sang@pengutronix.de>
Cc: Samuel Ortiz <sameo@linux.intel.com>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agoipv6: Expose reachable and retrans timer values as msecs
Thomas Graf [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 04:12:02 +0000 (04:12 +0000)]
ipv6: Expose reachable and retrans timer values as msecs

Expose reachable and retrans timer values in msecs instead of jiffies.
Both timer values are already exposed as msecs in the neighbour table
netlink interface.

The creation timestamp format with increased precision is kept but
cleaned up.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Graf <tgraf@infradead.org>
Cc: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agoMerge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wirel...
David S. Miller [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 19:56:09 +0000 (11:56 -0800)]
Merge branch 'master' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6

10 years agoFix build failure at cx25821-video driver
Youquan Song [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:28:20 +0000 (18:28 -0500)]
Fix build failure at cx25821-video driver

Kernel build fail for cx25821-video has depends on smp_lock.h header
file, but the dependency is removed in recent commit 451a3c24b013.

Signed-off-by: Youquan Song <youquan.song@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years agoipv6: Expose IFLA_PROTINFO timer values in msecs instead of jiffies
Thomas Graf [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:44:24 +0000 (01:44 +0000)]
ipv6: Expose IFLA_PROTINFO timer values in msecs instead of jiffies

IFLA_PROTINFO exposes timer related per device settings in jiffies.
Change it to expose these values in msecs like the sysctl interface
does.

I did not find any users of IFLA_PROTINFO which rely on any of these
values and even if there are, they are likely already broken because
there is no way for them to reliably convert such a value to another
time format.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Graf <tgraf@infradead.org>
Cc: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agohardirq.h: needs sched.h if using BKL
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:56:29 +0000 (10:56 -0800)]
hardirq.h: needs sched.h if using BKL

This really isn't the right thing to do, and strictly speaking we should
have the BKL depth count in the thread info right next to the preempt
count.  The two really do go together.

However, since that would involve a patch to all architectures, and the
BKL is finally going away, it's simply not worth the effort to do the
RightThing(tm).  Just re-instate the <linux/sched.h> include that we
used to get accidentally from the smp_lock.h one.

This is all fallout from the same old "BKL: remove extraneous #include
<smp_lock.h>" commit.

Reported-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Tested-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
10 years ago3c59x: fix build failure on !CONFIG_PCI
Namhyung Kim [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 05:27:51 +0000 (05:27 +0000)]
3c59x: fix build failure on !CONFIG_PCI

VORTEX_PCI() could return NULL so it needs to be casted before
accessing any member of struct pci_dev. This fixes following
build failure. Likewise VORTEX_EISA() was changed also.

  CC [M]  drivers/net/3c59x.o
drivers/net/3c59x.c: In function 'acpi_set_WOL':
drivers/net/3c59x.c:3211:39: warning: dereferencing 'void *' pointer
drivers/net/3c59x.c:3211:39: error: request for member 'current_state' in something not a structure or union
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/3c59x.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/3c59x.o] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Signed-off-by: Namhyung Kim <namhyung@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agoipg.c: remove id [SUNDANCE, 0x1021]
Ken Kawasaki [Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:42:08 +0000 (13:42 +0000)]
ipg.c: remove id [SUNDANCE, 0x1021]

ipg.c:
  The id [SUNDANCE, 0x1021] (=[0x13f0, 0x1021]) is defined
  at dl2k.h and ipg.c.
  But this device works better with dl2k driver.

  This problem is similar with the commit
  [25cca5352712561fba97bd37c495593d641c1d39
  ipg: Remove device claimed by dl2k from pci id table]
  at 11 Feb 2010.

Signed-off-by: Ken Kawasaki <ken_kawasaki@spring.nifty.jp>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agonet: caif: spi: fix potential NULL dereference
Vasiliy Kulikov [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:35:58 +0000 (10:35 -0800)]
net: caif: spi: fix potential NULL dereference

alloc_netdev() is not checked here for NULL return value.  dev is
check instead.  It might lead to NULL dereference of ndev.

Signed-off-by: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@openwall.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agoath9k_htc: Avoid setting QoS control for non-QoS frames
Rajkumar Manoharan [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 06:49:52 +0000 (12:19 +0530)]
ath9k_htc: Avoid setting QoS control for non-QoS frames

Setting tid information in the TX header is required only for QoS
frames. Not handling this case causes severe data loss with some APs.

Cc: stable@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Rajkumar Manoharan <rmanoharan@atheros.com>
Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>
10 years agoMerge branch 'kvm-updates/2.6.37' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:45:47 +0000 (09:45 -0800)]
Merge branch 'kvm-updates/2.6.37' of git://git./virt/kvm/kvm

* 'kvm-updates/2.6.37' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm:
  KVM: VMX: Fix host userspace gsbase corruption
  KVM: Correct ordering of ldt reload wrt fs/gs reload

10 years agonet: zero kobject in rx_queue_release
John Fastabend [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:42:53 +0000 (19:42 +0000)]
net: zero kobject in rx_queue_release

netif_set_real_num_rx_queues() can decrement and increment
the number of rx queues. For example ixgbe does this as
features and offloads are toggled. Presumably this could
also happen across down/up on most devices if the available
resources changed (cpu offlined).

The kobject needs to be zero'd in this case so that the
state is not preserved across kobject_put()/kobject_init_and_add().

This resolves the following error report.

ixgbe 0000:03:00.0: eth2: NIC Link is Up 10 Gbps, Flow Control: RX/TX
kobject (ffff880324b83210): tried to init an initialized object, something is seriously wrong.
Pid: 1972, comm: lldpad Not tainted 2.6.37-rc18021qaz+ #169
Call Trace:
 [<ffffffff8121c940>] kobject_init+0x3a/0x83
 [<ffffffff8121cf77>] kobject_init_and_add+0x23/0x57
 [<ffffffff8107b800>] ? mark_lock+0x21/0x267
 [<ffffffff813c6d11>] net_rx_queue_update_kobjects+0x63/0xc6
 [<ffffffff813b5e0e>] netif_set_real_num_rx_queues+0x5f/0x78
 [<ffffffffa0261d49>] ixgbe_set_num_queues+0x1c6/0x1ca [ixgbe]
 [<ffffffffa0262509>] ixgbe_init_interrupt_scheme+0x1e/0x79c [ixgbe]
 [<ffffffffa0274596>] ixgbe_dcbnl_set_state+0x167/0x189 [ixgbe]

Signed-off-by: John Fastabend <john.r.fastabend@intel.com>
Acked-by: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agonet: Fix duplicate volatile warning.
Tetsuo Handa [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:40:04 +0000 (09:40 -0800)]
net: Fix duplicate volatile warning.

jiffies is defined as "volatile".

  extern unsigned long volatile __jiffy_data jiffies;

ACCESS_ONCE() uses "volatile".
As a result, some compilers warn duplicate `volatile' for ACCESS_ONCE(jiffies).

Signed-off-by: Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agoMAINTAINERS: Add stmmac maintainer
Giuseppe Cavallaro [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:32:02 +0000 (09:32 -0800)]
MAINTAINERS: Add stmmac maintainer

Add STMMAC to the list of supported Ethernet drivers
and myself as maintainer.

Signed-off-by: Giuseppe Cavallaro <peppe.cavallaro@st.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agobonding: fix a race in IGMP handling
Eric Dumazet [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:30:42 +0000 (09:30 -0800)]
bonding: fix a race in IGMP handling

RCU conversion in IGMP code done in net-next-2.6 raised a race in
__bond_resend_igmp_join_requests().

It iterates in_dev->mc_list without appropriate protection (RTNL, or
read_lock on in_dev->mc_list_lock).

Another cpu might delete an entry while we use it and trigger a fault.

Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
10 years agoInput: fix typo in keycode validation supporting large scancodes
Mattia Dongili [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:06:43 +0000 (09:06 -0800)]
Input: fix typo in keycode validation supporting large scancodes

Check the input_keymap_entry keycode size (u32) instead of the device's
(void*) when validating that keycode value can be stored in the keymap.

Fixes: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22722
Signed-off-by: Mattia Dongili <malattia@linux.it>
Tested-by: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
10 years agoceph: fix readdir EOVERFLOW on 32-bit archs
Sage Weil [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:15:07 +0000 (09:15 -0800)]
ceph: fix readdir EOVERFLOW on 32-bit archs

One of the readdir filldir_t callers was passing the raw ceph 64-bit ino
instead of the hashed 32-bit one, producing an EOVERFLOW in the filler
callback.  Fix this by calling the ceph_vino_to_ino() helper to do the
conversion.

Reported-by: Jan Smets <jan.smets@alcatel-lucent.com>
Tested-by: Jan Smets <jan.smets@alcatel-lucent.com>
Signed-off-by: Sage Weil <sage@newdream.net>
10 years agocfg80211: fix can_beacon_sec_chan, reenable HT40
Mark Mentovai [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:34:37 +0000 (16:34 -0500)]
cfg80211: fix can_beacon_sec_chan, reenable HT40

This follows wireless-testing 9236d838c920e90708570d9bbd7bb82d30a38130
("cfg80211: fix extension channel checks to initiate communication") and
fixes accidental case fall-through. Without this fix, HT40 is entirely
blocked.

Signed-off-by: Mark Mentovai <mark@moxienet.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
Acked-by: Luis R. Rodriguez <lrodriguez@atheros.com
Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>
10 years agoMerge branch 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwessel...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:24:58 +0000 (08:24 -0800)]
Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jwessel/linux-2.6-kgdb

* 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwessel/linux-2.6-kgdb:
  kgdb,ppc: Fix regression in evr register handling
  kgdb,x86: fix regression in detach handling
  kdb: fix crash when KDB_BASE_CMD_MAX is exceeded
  kdb: fix memory leak in kdb_main.c

10 years agoMerge branch 'merge' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:38:58 +0000 (07:38 -0800)]
Merge branch 'merge' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc

* 'merge' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc:
  powerpc: Update a BKL related comment
  powerpc/mm: Fix module instruction tlb fault handling on Book-E 64
  powerpc: Fix call to subpage_protection()
  powerpc: Set CONFIG_32BIT on ppc32
  powerpc/mm: Fix build error in setup_initial_memory_limit
  powerpc/pseries: Don't override CONFIG_PPC_PSERIES_DEBUG
  powerpc: Fix div64 in bootloader

10 years agodrm/ttm: Fix up a theoretical deadlock
Thomas Hellstrom [Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:04:53 +0000 (10:04 +0100)]
drm/ttm: Fix up a theoretical deadlock

A process suspended waiting for a higher sequence or no sequence to unreserve,
a bo may be beaten to the reservation by a process with a lower sequence.
In that case the first process should give up trying to reserve and
return -EAGAIN. In order for that to happen, we must wake waiting processes
when we change sequence, so that they have a chance to detect the new
sequence.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agoMerge remote branch 'nouveau/for-airlied' of /ssd/git/drm-nouveau-next into drm-fixes
Dave Airlie [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 04:57:28 +0000 (14:57 +1000)]
Merge remote branch 'nouveau/for-airlied' of /ssd/git/drm-nouveau-next into drm-fixes

* 'nouveau/for-airlied' of /ssd/git/drm-nouveau-next: (25 commits)
  nouveau: Acknowledge HPD irq in handler, not bottom half
  drm/nouveau: Fix a few confusions between "chipset" and "card_type".
  drm/nouveau: don't expose backlight control when available through ACPI
  drm/nouveau/pm: improve memtiming mappings
  drm/nouveau: Make PCIE GART size depend on the available RAMIN space.
  drm/nouveau: Return error from nouveau_gpuobj_new if we're out of RAMIN.
  drm/nouveau: Fix compilation issues in nouveau_pm when CONFIG_HWMON is not set
  drm/nouveau: Don't use load detection for connector polling.
  drm/nv10-nv20: Fix instability after MPLL changes.
  drm/nv50: implement possible workaround for NV86 PGRAPH TLB flush hang
  drm/nouveau: Don't poll LVDS outputs.
  drm/nouveau: Use "force" to decide if analog load detection is ok or not.
  drm/nv04: Fix scanout over the 16MB mark.
  drm/nouveau: fix nv40 pcie gart size
  drm/nva3: fix overflow in fixed point math used for pll calculation
  drm/nv10: Balance RTs expected to be accessed simultaneously by the 3d engine.
  drm/nouveau: Expose some BO usage flags to userspace.
  drm/nouveau: Reduce severity of the unknown getparam error.
  drm/nouveau: Avoid lock dependency between ramht and ramin spinlocks.
  drm/nouveau: Some random cleanups.
  ...

10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: fix tiling info on evergreen
Alex Deucher [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:11:03 +0000 (12:11 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: fix tiling info on evergreen

We aren't currently using tiling in userspace on evergreen,
but the info we currently return for the tiling info query
(gb_addr_config) is no adequate for userspace tiling alignment
calculations.  It does not contain the bank info.  Create a custom
tiling info dword with all the necessary info (num channels,
num banks, group size, row size).

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: fix alignment when allocating buffers
Alex Deucher [Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:00:26 +0000 (19:00 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: fix alignment when allocating buffers

We were previously dropping alignment requests on the floor
when allocating buffers so we always ended up page aligned.
Certain tiling modes on 6xx+ require larger alignment which
wasn't happening before.

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Cc: Jerome Glisse <j.glisse@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/vmwgfx: Fix up an error path during bo creation
Thomas Hellstrom [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:24:48 +0000 (13:24 +0100)]
drm/vmwgfx: Fix up an error path during bo creation

Signed-off-by: Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: register an i2c adapter name for the dp aux bus
Alex Deucher [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:56:49 +0000 (17:56 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: register an i2c adapter name for the dp aux bus

This causes the connector to not be added since i2c init fails
for the adapter.  Fixes:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31688

Noticed by Ari Savolainen.

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Cc: Ari Savolainen <ari.m.savolainen@gmail.com>
Cc: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms/atom: add proper external encoders support
Alex Deucher [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:09:42 +0000 (12:09 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms/atom: add proper external encoders support

These are external encoder chips connected via DVO or DP.
The actual external encoder programming is handled by the
kms encoder functions for primary encoder.

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms/atom: cleanup and unify DVO handling
Alex Deucher [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:09:41 +0000 (12:09 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms/atom: cleanup and unify DVO handling

Handle all the various asic family specific things for DVO.

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: properly power up/down the eDP panel as needed (v4)
Alex Deucher [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 07:54:42 +0000 (02:54 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: properly power up/down the eDP panel as needed (v4)

The eDP panel must be powered up for aux transactions, so power it
up for detect and mode probe functions, otherwise power it up or
down based on dpms.

v2:
- only mess with eDP panel on DCE4+
- only mess with eDP panel on eDP connectors, not all DP connectors
v3:
- be extra careful to only mess with eDP panels on eDP connectors
v4:
- avoid possible null derefernce if a connector has not been
assigned to the encoder

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms/atom: set sane defaults in atombios_get_encoder_mode()
Alex Deucher [Wed, 17 Nov 2010 07:49:40 +0000 (02:49 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms/atom: set sane defaults in atombios_get_encoder_mode()

If there was no connector mapped to the encoder, atombios_get_encoder_mode()
returned 0 which is the id for DP.  Return something sane instead based on
the encoder id.  This avoids hitting the DP paths on non-DP encoders.

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: turn the backlight off explicitly for dpms
Alex Deucher [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:09:39 +0000 (12:09 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: turn the backlight off explicitly for dpms

Seems some newer systems require this explicitly.

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: fix typo in r600 cs checker
Alex Deucher [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:53:14 +0000 (16:53 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: fix typo in r600 cs checker

Looks like a typo in:
drm/radeon/r600: fix tiling issues in CS checker.
(f30df2fad0c901e74ac9a52a488a54c69a373a41)

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm: radeon: fix error value sign
Vasiliy Kulikov [Sun, 14 Nov 2010 20:08:27 +0000 (23:08 +0300)]
drm: radeon: fix error value sign

enable_vblank implementations should use negative result to indicate error.
radeon_enable_vblank() returns EINVAL in this case.  Change this to -EINVAL.

Signed-off-by: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@openwall.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/radeon/kms: fix and unify tiled buffer alignment checking for r6xx/7xx
Alex Deucher [Mon, 15 Nov 2010 01:24:35 +0000 (20:24 -0500)]
drm/radeon/kms: fix and unify tiled buffer alignment checking for r6xx/7xx

Tiled buffers have the same alignment requirements regardless of
whether the surface is for db, cb, or textures.  Previously, the
calculations where inconsistent for each buffer type.

- Unify the alignment calculations in a common function
- Standardize the alignment units (pixels for pitch/height/depth,
bytes for base)
- properly check the buffer base alignments

Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
10 years agonouveau: Acknowledge HPD irq in handler, not bottom half
Andy Lutomirski [Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:40:52 +0000 (18:40 -0500)]
nouveau: Acknowledge HPD irq in handler, not bottom half

The old code generated an interrupt storm bad enough to completely
take down my system.

Signed-off-by: Andy Lutomirski <luto@mit.edu>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Fix a few confusions between "chipset" and "card_type".
Francisco Jerez [Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:56:37 +0000 (00:56 +0100)]
drm/nouveau: Fix a few confusions between "chipset" and "card_type".

Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: don't expose backlight control when available through ACPI
Ben Skeggs [Wed, 3 Nov 2010 23:56:12 +0000 (09:56 +1000)]
drm/nouveau: don't expose backlight control when available through ACPI

Avoid confusing userspace by not publishing backlight controls if ACPI
equivalents are available.

Reported-by: Aaron Sowry <aaron@aeneby.se>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau/pm: improve memtiming mappings
Roy Spliet [Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:09:56 +0000 (01:09 +0200)]
drm/nouveau/pm: improve memtiming mappings

Improvements:
 - Fix bug in switch statement
 - Add parts of 0x10022c, 0x10023c
 - Clean up 0x100234
 - Comment out assumption in 0x100228 until verified

Signed-off-by: Roy Spliet <r.spliet@student.tudelft.nl>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Make PCIE GART size depend on the available RAMIN space.
Francisco Jerez [Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:08:26 +0000 (18:08 +0100)]
drm/nouveau: Make PCIE GART size depend on the available RAMIN space.

Reported-by: Tomas Miljenovic <tomasmiljenovic@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Return error from nouveau_gpuobj_new if we're out of RAMIN.
Francisco Jerez [Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:06:28 +0000 (18:06 +0100)]
drm/nouveau: Return error from nouveau_gpuobj_new if we're out of RAMIN.

Reported-by: Tomas Miljenovic <tomasmiljenovic@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Fix compilation issues in nouveau_pm when CONFIG_HWMON is not set
Martin Peres [Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:48:28 +0000 (12:48 +0200)]
drm/nouveau: Fix compilation issues in nouveau_pm when CONFIG_HWMON is not set

Signed-off-by: Martin Peres <martin.peres@ensi-bourges.fr>
Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Don't use load detection for connector polling.
Francisco Jerez [Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:17:56 +0000 (02:17 +0200)]
drm/nouveau: Don't use load detection for connector polling.

Analog output polling makes GL programs jerky when pageflip is being
used because it's carried out with the mode_config mutex held.

Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nv10-nv20: Fix instability after MPLL changes.
Francisco Jerez [Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:13:21 +0000 (02:13 +0200)]
drm/nv10-nv20: Fix instability after MPLL changes.

Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nv50: implement possible workaround for NV86 PGRAPH TLB flush hang
Ben Skeggs [Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:26:24 +0000 (10:26 +1000)]
drm/nv50: implement possible workaround for NV86 PGRAPH TLB flush hang

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Don't poll LVDS outputs.
Francisco Jerez [Sat, 23 Oct 2010 21:12:37 +0000 (23:12 +0200)]
drm/nouveau: Don't poll LVDS outputs.

Reported-by: Xavier Chantry <chantry.xavier@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Use "force" to decide if analog load detection is ok or not.
Francisco Jerez [Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:43:08 +0000 (17:43 +0200)]
drm/nouveau: Use "force" to decide if analog load detection is ok or not.

Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nv04: Fix scanout over the 16MB mark.
Francisco Jerez [Fri, 22 Oct 2010 02:39:14 +0000 (04:39 +0200)]
drm/nv04: Fix scanout over the 16MB mark.

Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: fix nv40 pcie gart size
Lucas Stach [Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:22:59 +0000 (22:22 +0200)]
drm/nouveau: fix nv40 pcie gart size

Nouveau sets the PCIE GART size to 64MiB for all cards before nv50,
but nv40 has enough RAMIN space to support 512MiB GART size. This
patch fixes this value to make use of this hardware capability.

Signed-off-by: Lucas Stach <dev@lynxeye.de>
Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nva3: fix overflow in fixed point math used for pll calculation
Ben Skeggs [Fri, 1 Oct 2010 04:39:37 +0000 (14:39 +1000)]
drm/nva3: fix overflow in fixed point math used for pll calculation

And a slight tweak which gets us closer to VBIOS-calculated numbers.

Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nv10: Balance RTs expected to be accessed simultaneously by the 3d engine.
Francisco Jerez [Sun, 10 Oct 2010 04:07:32 +0000 (06:07 +0200)]
drm/nv10: Balance RTs expected to be accessed simultaneously by the 3d engine.

Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
10 years agodrm/nouveau: Expose some BO usage flags to userspace.
Francisco Jerez [Sun, 10 Oct 2010 04:01:08 +0000 (06:01 +0200)]
drm/nouveau: Expose some BO usage flags to userspace.

This will be needed for Z compression and to take smarter placement
decisions.

Signed-off-by: Francisco Jerez <currojerez@riseup.net>
Acked-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs@redhat.com>